In partnership with the Screen Directors Guild of Ireland, this workshop is for ACTORS & DIRECTORS working in the Film & TV industry who wish to understand the ever evolving role of an intimacy coordinator and how intimacy guidelines affect the Actor/Director relationship. Participants will also be guided on best practice and the potential risks and pitfalls of neglecting to do so.
WHO IS THIS FOR?: This workshop is aimed at professional screen actors and directors working in the Irish film & tv industry with at least 1 IMDB credit.
Part 1 11am – 1pm
* Introduction from Ita explaining how she has pioneered the role of Intimacy Coordinator in the industry, and been developing best practice when working with intimacy, scenes with sexual content, and nudity in Film, TV, and theatre. She will also case study recent collaborations such as Normal People.
* Participants are placed in Breakout Rooms to discuss their experience in the industry as pertaining to the above topics.
* Shared experiences from the Breakout Rooms are then used to specify the issues and guidelines to be addressed for the remainder of the workshop.
* Full Intimacy Guidelines presentation that relates specifically to the role of ACTORS & DIRECTORS from pre-production to rehearsals to shooting.
Part 2 2pm – 4pm
* Ita will answer all questions that have been submitted through the Chat Function.
* Participants return to Breakout Rooms to discuss what they have found most useful, challenging, and realise what may need to be put in place going forward for best practice on new Productions.
* Final review of results and observations from Breakout Rooms with final notes on application.Ita O’Brien is an Intimacy Coordinator and Movement Director for film, television, and theatre. She has been developing best practice when working with intimacy, scenes with sexual content, and nudity in film, TV, and theatre – the ‘Intimacy on Set’ guidelines. She is well known for her work on the shows Normal People, I May Destroy You, Gangs of London, Gentleman Jack, Sex Education and many more.
APPLICATIONS: To apply please email an updated CV by July 14th to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use code BOW3 in the subject line.
DATE: July 21st FULLY BOOKED
July 22nd AVAILABLE (11am – 4pm)