This workshop is for HOD’s and Crew working in the Film & TV industry who wish to understand the ever evolving role of an intimacy coordinator and how intimacy guidelines affect every department and aspect of production. Participants will be guided on best practice and the potential benefits for all.
WHO IS THIS FOR?: This workshop is aimed at professional HOD’s and Crew working in the Irish film & tv industry.
Part 1 11am – 1pm
* Introduction from Ita explaining how she has pioneered the role of Intimacy Coordinator in the industry, and been developing best practice when working with intimacy, scenes with sexual content, and nudity in Film, TV, and theatre. She will also case study recent collaborations such as Normal People.
* Participants are placed in Breakout Rooms to discuss their experience in the industry as pertaining to the above topics.
* Shared experiences from the Breakout Rooms are then used to specify the issues and guidelines to be addressed for the remainder of the workshop.
* Full Intimacy Guidelines presentation that relates specifically to the function of Producers including filming under Covid-19 restrictions.
Part 2 2pm – 4pm
* Ita will answer all questions that have been submitted through the Chat Function.
* Participants return to Breakout Rooms to discuss what they have found most useful, challenging, and realise what may need to be put in place going forward for best practice on new Productions.
* Final review of results and observations from Breakout Rooms with final notes on application of guidelines.
Ita O’Brien is an Intimacy Coordinator and Movement Director for film, television, and theatre. She has been developing best practice when working with intimacy, scenes with sexual content, and nudity in film, TV, and theatre – the ‘Intimacy on Set’ guidelines. She is well known for her work on the shows Normal People, I May Destroy You, Gangs of London, Gentleman Jack, Sex Education and many more.
APPLICATIONS: To apply please email an updated CV by July 17th to email@example.com
Please use code BOW5 in the subject line.
DATE: July 24th (11am – 4pm)